Most of the public has been told that the metal filling up their cavities is silver. Most American dentists either are not informed or choose to ignore the fact that a high amount of mercury is contained in amalgam, and continues to release mercury vapor even after the filling has hardened.
Mercury is one of the most toxic substances known to man, and the reality of how many people contain it in their mouths is even more frightening. Any disturbance, such as chewing, brushing, or even licking the fillings absentmindedly releases harmful amounts of Hg atoms that envelop themselves into the innermost tissues of your body, particularly the digestive system, the liver, the lungs, and the brain. Many people are allergic to mercury, and live with serious allergic reactions to the fillings in their mouths, hardly aware that the fillings themselves are the cause of their distress. Many diagnosed “diseases” or “disorders” were never healed, because the root problem was never identified or acknowledged.
It is vital that amalgam be removed from a patient’s mouth as soon as possible. We are a mercury-free practice, taking every safety measure possible to prevent the patient and the doctor from inhaling mercury vapor through amalgam filling removals. A mercury detoxification process is strongly recommended after amalgam has been removed from a patient. For one who has had amalgam fillings removed, we have many resources and guidelines about how to get started with this.
Dr. Sperbeck, West Los Angeles