There have already been a few articles written on this blog about mercury in fillings, which you can read here, but I wanted to go over it again in case you haven’t had a chance to read those. I’ll start with some general things you’ve maybe never heard about mercury in your silver/amalgam fillings. In future posts I’ll talk in more detail about how mercury affects your health.

What is mercury? Mercury is a substance that is poisonous to the human body in any quantity, not just in large amounts. Even the tiniest bit of exposure can be extremely harmful to your health, and for this reason, what I’m about to say next may sound odd: silver/ amalgam fillings contain mercury as their one of their main ingredients. They’re not called mercury fillings, and so many people don’t realize that it’s a large part of the filling.

I’ll be writing soon in more detail about the way mercury is released into your body and give you a few more things to consider about this topic. Stay tuned for more on mercury, and how you can help keep yourself and those around you safe and healthy!

In the meantime, our office always welcomes your comments and questions.

Please do not hesitate to give us a call at 844-855-8818.